If you don’t know, now you know
Our digital world is constantly changing to better serve us. Are you keeping up? If you’re having trouble staying on top of the latest news, launches, or revised regulations, stay with me. I promise to make it short and sweet so you can get back to living in the present.
Battle of the Lip-Syncing Blues
Police officers across America are giving the hosts and contestants of Lip Sync Battle a run for their money after they flooded the internet with their own renditions. This nationwide battle started after a deputy from Bexar County, Texas uploaded a video of himself lip syncing to “Fuiste Mala” by Kumbia Kings. He later stated the main reason for uploading this video was to show people a not-so-serious side of policemen. After other police departments caught wind of this movement, they joined and began challenging other men and women in blue to participate. Here are some of our favorites!
#LipSyncBattle continues….this time with one of our own. K9 Quelle let the big dogs out on this one!! The best K9 lip sync yet!!!?? Good job HOUSTON!!
#K9s4COPS #K9s4KIDS #LEOLipSyncBattle pic.twitter.com/r1OVxQ99aR
— K9s4COPs (@K9s4COPs) June 29, 2018
Sometimes people follow us and there is nothing we can do about it … until now. Instagram is testing out new app features to help people regain control of who sees their content. If your Instagram account is set to public, there is a good chance you have followers whom you do not know. Instead of blocking them, you can now use the “remove follower” feature to restrict them seeing your content on their feed.
Throw in the Blue Apron!
Chick-Fil-A plans on making us the happiest people in the world very very soon. The chicken chain released their plan to dominate the meal-kit market by releasing their own pre-measured and packaged ingredients. However, they are a cut above the rest because they made buying these kits easier by selling them through the drive-thru! If you made a pledge to eat more ‘chikin,’ you’ll be pleased to know the company will be stocking the shelves with five rotating entrees: chicken parmesan, chicken enchiladas, crispy dijon chicken, pan-roasted chicken, and chicken flatbread. This service costs $15.89 and will serve two people in 30 minutes or less.
Have you been hesitant on using IGTV but really want to get in on the action? Social Media Today is helping users get the hang of the new feature by explaining how and what to post and other basic tips.
• First off, here’s a listing of the initial specs and details for IGTV content:
• Videos are full screen and vertical
• Videos can be anywhere from 15 seconds long, to 60 minutes (the full 60 minutes is currently only available to verified accounts, all other users have a limit of 10 minutes)
• Users can watch IGTV content from within the Instagram app, or they can download the dedicated IGTV app
• Videos start to play automatically upon opening the IGTV app
• Users can like or comment on videos, or send videos to friends via DM (direct message)
• Creators have their own ‘channels’ like YouTube (and anyone can be a creator)
• Videos can be uploaded via the IGTV app or the web
• File size: Up to 3.6 GB
• File type: MP4
• Video size: 9:16
• Video thumbnail/cover image: .JPG
As of launch, no advertising options are available, but Instagram says it eventually plans to make sure popular video creators are able to make money from their efforts